· 104 million are retired.
That leaves 133 million to do the work.
· There are 85 million in school,
which leave 48 million to do the work.
· Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government.
This leaves 19 million to do the work.
· 4 million are in the Armed Forces,
which leaves 15 million to do the work.
· Take from the total the 14.8 million people who work for State and City Government and that leaves 200,000 to do the work.
· There are 188,000 in hospitals,
so that leaves 12,000 to do the work.
· Now, there are 11,998 people in Prisons.
· That leaves Just two people to do the work.
You and me.
And you’re just sitting there reading jokes all day!